Rabu, 30 Maret 2016

My grandma's locker

Since I got into college, I tried to put any clothes on differently everyday. Doing this thing for years is not as easy as it seems. I couldn't buy tops, skirts, simple dresses, and hijabs as often as I want. That's why instead of buying, I'd rather create and do some mix & match my clothes. It's nice to hear "Hey, you look so fresh in this outfit" or "Is it new?" or "How can you keep wearing new clothes everyday?", but honestly there were some times when my friends said "I don't think the color suit you well" or "Why are you wearing this kind of thing?" or "You surely look like having more weight in this outfit". Comments are accepted. It's a pleasure for me to keep learning how to dress nicely.

2 weeks ago I went to my grandma's house and she was arranging her old clothes. We then found some outers that exactly like my style and it was kind of surprising to know that those stuff are from 30 until 40 years ago!


It's a well made outers made by my grandma's favorite tailor (ya, it's not a goods store). The one with floral pattern has more coarse and thinner fabric. It was the oldest among those three but I love it the most. The fact that my grandma and me share the same size was also interesting because she's actually taller than me. 



My grandma also told me some stories why she wanted to make those and times when she was wearing those clothes as I tried the outers one by one. It gave me nostalgic feels as if I were her. 


Like I said before, the outer with floral pattern is my favourite and I like to mix & match clothes so as soon as I came back home I directly went to my closet and seek a dress to make a good pair. I pick my brown dress that gives netral and tranquil vibes (?). I thought of wearing a pink hijab to avoid making old look because that's what brown tone could do to you. 



Isn't it beautiful?

I'd like to keep learning and continue to please everyone's eyes with my style everyday :)

2 komentar

© Jumping into the joy
Maira Gall